Are you interested in studying Halle? There are various possibilities to study in Halle:
1. Halle-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg (MLU)
MLU is a public, research-oriented university in the cities of Halle and Wittenberg within Saxony-Anhalt, Germany. MLU offers German and international (English) courses leading to academic degrees such as B.A., B.Sc., M.A., M.Sc., doctoral degrees and Habilitation. The university was created in 1817 through the merger of the University of Wittenberg (founded 1502) and the University of Halle (founded 1691). The university is named after the Protestant reformer Martin Luther, who was a professor in Wittenberg. About 20.000 students study at MLU.
MLU has 9 faculties, regrouping academic staff and students according to their field of studies:
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Law and Economics
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Philosophy I (Social and Cultural Studies, History)
- Faculty of Philosophy II (Ancient and Modern Languages, Communication Studies, Music)
- Faculty of Philosophy III (Peadagogy)
- Faculty of Natural Sciences I (Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmacy)
- Faculty of Natural SciencesII (Physics and Chemistry)
- Faculty of Natural Sciences III (Agriculture, Geology, Mathematics, Computer Science)
2. Burg Giebichenstein - University of Art and Design Halle
Burg Giebichenstein has 2 faculties (Art and Design) and offers 21 specialised fields of study.
Further information on studying at Burg Giebichenstein is provided by the International Office of Burg Giebichenstein.
3. The Preparatory College of Saxony-Anhalt
The preparatory college of Saxony-Anhalt is the first preparatory college in Germany. It is a cooperation of the Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg and the Hochschule Anhalt (FH). It conveys the required qualifications for a successful higher education including the adequate knowledge of the German language to particularly those foreign students whose previous experience do not correspond to the German admission qualifications. The department in Halle ("Studienkolleg" for short) is a central department of the country Saxony-Anhalt at the MLU in Halle.